Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Muncy Historical Society Quilt Show

We went to the Muncy Historical Society Quilt Show in Muncy, PA this past Sunday. It was a great show that featured both antique and new quilts. They had a good variety of quilts that I really enjoyed. I really like antique and reproduction quilts. My favorite was the Muncy Compass quilt which was replicated by Judith Youngman. The original quilt was from 1855. In the reproduction quilt, 142 different fabrics were used and the same poison green color for the background. I believe the original is in the lower left corner of the picture.


I also found this quilt called Burgoyne surrounded interesting. It does not follow the traditional two colors. I really like what the quiltmaker did with it to make it look so different.


This is what the traditional looks like, which is also pretty.


Don't be afraid to change a traditional pattern and make it your own. It will look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment