Thursday, December 17, 2009

Chicago

We just got back from the windy city of Chicago! The one day it was -10 to -20 wind chill! That was not enough to keep us from going shopping on Michigan Avenue! My DIL and I had a great time shopping at many of the stores on Michigan Avenue. (Maybe I should say window shopping.) For those of you that may not be acquainted with that area of Chicago, I will tell you that they have many, many, many stores within a mile! Stores like Saks Fifth Avenue, Cartier, Nordstrom, just to name a few. It was great fun just looking around. The shops were really decorated for Christmas, which I enjoy so much! I love to take pictures of Christmas decorations. They are just so festive and happy!

We went by train and had a stop at Union Station in Washington DC. This is their Christmas Tree! Absolutely beautiful!


These pics were from the train station in Chicago!

The view from our hotel room at sunset.

Just one of the beautiful shop decorations that I saw.

We did get to two quilt shops. The one was Quiltology, which I blogged about earlier and also a shop called The Needleshop. It was a very nice shop with prints from Amy Butler designs and similar fabrics. They also carried some fashion fabrics. They run many classes on dress making and bags. I didn't just window shop at these stores. :-) It's always great to add to the stash!

The Needleshop.

1 comment:

  1. It was fun fabric shopping in Chicago! Maybe we should get together to sew!

    ReplyDelete