I thought that I would share with you a couple projects that I am working on right now. I just finished sewing a casing to a throw that I had made a while back as a shop sample. Hubby wanted to hang it at the office at work. So now that is ready.
I am busy putting the binding on a wall hanging that I made for a guild and club challenge. Since my time was limited at the time, I decided to combine the challenges and that way I only had to make one. For the guild we needed to use 1 1/2" strips in our challenge that were given to us at the Christmas meeting. For the club challenge, we needed to use the navy reproduction print in our quilt. I was fortunate enough to have reproduction 1 1/2" strips in my roll, so I thought it would work out perfectly with the navy reproduction fabric.
I love stars, especially the evening star pattern. I decided to make 4" finished stars using the 1 1/2" strips for the star points and some for the backgrounds of the stars. The navy fabric I used for the rest of the stars and border and binding. I used the same cream fabric for the centers, but I embroidered little designs in the center of the navy stars. I used my embroidery machine also for the quilting designs in the centers of the other stars. Unfortunately, I was not able to finish it by the meeting, but I am very happy with it.
While I had my embroidery machine ready, I thought that I would embroider a design that I am going to use in the center of another wall hanging. This is the embroidery:
Interesting that while I was working on my projects the birds were really singing outside my window. Here is one of my feathered friends!