Friday, June 2, 2017

Happy Days

It has been quite a while since I have blogged, which I am sure you have noticed.  :-)  We moved last year and have been off on new adventures.

As far as sewing goes this past year, I have mainly been working on Sarah Fielke's Happy Days BOM 2016.  This quilt features a lot of applique, some pieced and some paper pieced blocks.  One thing that I decided that I really wanted to do this year is to try some things that I would not normally do.  One of them was needle turn applique.  I tried it many years ago, but decided it wasn't for me.  However, since working on this quilt and following Sarah's wonderful instructions and videos - I am HOOKED!  I love it!

I still don't have the quilt totally finished, but I thought that i would share some pics.  This one shows what the layout of the center of the quilt will look like.  I have 2 applique blocks to finish for the bottom yet.


 This is a close up of the blocks that I started with.

Here are a few of my favorites!



I never in a million years thought that I could applique this block!  But I did it!  Love it!

I have found hand applique to be so relaxing and now look forward to just sitting and stitching.  If you would like more info on this bom, you can find it here.  Sarah also has a new BOM for this year called Down the Rabbit Hole.  You can find info at that same link.  Of course, I signed up for that one too!  I haven't started it yet, other than picking out some fabric.  It is now officially on my list!

Happy Sewing,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment