I added a pocket to my lining in the large bag and decided to fully line the smaller pouch, with no raw seams exposed. (Yes, sometimes I get a little crazy 😁) I didn't quite have enough fabric for the lining, so I added a little bit of the contrast fabric to make it work.
I quilted both bags using the serpentine stitch and did part grid and part straight lines on the larger bag and a full grid on the smaller pouch. I like the look of this stitch, versus a straight stitch, since it adds some softness to the look.
I checked out many videos of how to's to make this on youtube and I really liked this one by Erica Arndt:
I did a few modifications to it for my use, but the basic technique is hers.
I think I may be making more of these in the future.