Saturday, March 5, 2011

New Books

We just got in 2 new books.  Bonnie Hunter's Scraps & Shirttails II and The Civil War Sewing Circle by Kathleen Tracy.
Many of you know that I am a huge Bonnie Hunter fan.  I could not wait to get her new book.  There are so many new projects that I would love to tackle.  I just love using up my scraps!  This book continues the art of quilting green with 13 new projects that help you reuse, re-purpose and recycle your scraps into beautiful quilts!
You can find more patterns and info on Bonnie here.

The second book is also dear to my heart since it features quilts patterned after ones made during the Civil War.  I love reproduction fabrics & quilts!  There are 16 easy projects, including large and small quilts, plus a pincushion, sewing box, and needle case.  Learn how women's efforts during the Civil War led to increased civil and political involvement among women.  See historical photos and read excerpts from letters written to and from soldiers during the Civil War.  A part of history with wonderful quilts!


I can see that my to do list of projects is growing! :-)

Happy Sewing,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment