Friday, August 9, 2013

Quilt Shop Adventures

We are finally getting settled in our new place.  I have been wanting to check out the local quilt shop, and finally got there.  It is called Material Girl and is located only 3/4 mile from my house.  It is a bright airy shop that carries a wide array of fabrics.  They have reproductions, batiks, bright modern prints, juvenile, novelty and of course holiday prints.  They are also a great source for quilt books.  I really loved the variety that they had.   Their website is:  www.materialgirlfabricshop.com

These are the things that I could not resist! 

Material Obsession seems like an appropriate book for me.  :-)  One of the co-authors of this book is Sarah Fielke, who has become one of my favorite designers.  I only recently discovered her and I love the simplicity of her designs and her use of colors.  All her quilts just make me smile.  She has written a number of books and is also doing classes on Craftsy.  I am hooked!  You can learn more about her on her website here.

The other quilt shop that I just discovered is about 7 miles from the house.  It is called Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop located in Fox River Grove.  It is a wonderful quilt shop located in an old house.  You all know I love shops in houses!  But to my surprise when I walked inside, I discovered that they carried all reproduction fabric!  I thought I was in heaven!  So many wonderful samples and kits were everywhere!  I didn't know what to look at first!  I see many visits there in my future!  



I purchased a fat quarter bundle, fat 1/8th and a wonderful kit for a quilt called Spool Toss Quilt!  I could not resist it!  I saw so many others I would have liked, but they will have to wait for another day!
Their website is:  www.piecefulgathering.com

I am finally getting a chance to do some things in my sewing room and I hope to have something to share with you soon.

Happy Sewing,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment