Thursday, August 24, 2017

Grandma's Kitchen



I started sewing blocks for the Pat Sloan Grandma's Kitchen Challenge.  This is a block of the week.  A new block comes out every Wed.  There will be 25 blocks in all.  Block 9 just came out.  I am a little behind and have gotten 6 blocks finished so far.

I am making this quilt in honor of my Mother who passed away 5 years ago.  My Mother loved flowers, birds and quilting. I thought I would use florals in some of her favorite colors.

 As I am sewing this, I also remember my maternal Grandmother and Great Grandmother.  I spent many wonderful family gatherings at my Grandmother's house and my Great Grandmother lived next door.  She had the glass chicken sitting on a nest candy dishes. I always got a treat from them.  Maybe that's why I love those dishes today. 

Thank you Pat for this inspirational quilt along.  It will be a very special quilt for me.

If you would like more info on this block of week, you will find it here.

Happy Sewing,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment