Friday, September 1, 2017

Two More Blocks Finished for Grandma's Kitchen

 I finished two more blocks for my Grandma's Kitchen quilt that is designed by Pat Sloan.  The first one is Oh My Stars!  which is supposed to represent a saying that my Grandma used to say.  I don't remember my Grandma or Mom having any particular saying.  When my children were growing up, I used to say "cheese and crackers!", which is better than what I say now! 😊
Oh My Stars
 The second block is Grandma's Apron.  I don't really remember my Grandma or Mom wearing an apron, so I chose colors that I thought they would like.  The apron was to be done as a fusible applique, but I decided to needle turn it.  The heart was a little challenging since it is only a half inch in size.  I thank Sarah Fielke for her wonderful needle turn instructions!
Grandma's Apron
 Below is a picture of all of my blocks so far.  They consist of both 5" and 6" blocks.  Pat's directions are for 10" and 12" blocks, but I shrunk mine.  It will be interesting to see how she puts them together when we have finished the 25 blocks that make up the Grandma's Kitchen Quilt.
All of my blocks so far!

I hope you get a chance to do spend some time with loved ones and do some things that you enjoy on this long Labor Day weekend!

Happy Sewing,
Jean


No comments:

Post a Comment