Thursday, September 21, 2017

Grandma's Kitchen Blocks 9, 10 & 11

Three more blocks done for Grandma's Kitchen! Block 9 The Kitchen Window, Block 10 Recipe Box and Block 11 Peppermint Swirls. 

The kitchen window looked out into the backyard and the side yard. There were always flowers around, so I used a floral fabric for the windows. 

I don't remember my Grandma having a recipe box, but my Mom did. The recipe box was floral with stripes, but in blues and yellows. The light floral print is blue flowers, although the rest is not. 

I remember my Great Grandma having a candy dish, which was a glass chicken sitting on the nest. I loved that thing! However, I do not remember what candy was in it!  I made my candy into flowers since I know that my Great Grandma, Grandma and Mom loved flowers. I did use one of my Mom's old buttons for the center of one of the flowers.
On to block 12!

Happy Sewing,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment